Rebuilding the database on your PlayStation 5 can help with issues related to your game freezing or frame rate drops.
By creating a new database, your Playstation will scan the drive and create a new database of all content on the system.
- Turn off your console by pressing the power button
The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off
- Once the system is off, press and hold the power button again
- Release it after you hear the second beep
One beep will sound when you first press, and another seven seconds later
- Connect the controller with the USB cable
- Press the PlayStation button on the controller
- Select Rebuild Database