The Free to Play Update added Epic Friends to Rocket League. Some players with a high number of pending friend requests may freeze or crash when starting.
If you are freezing when you start the game, try the following:
- Install the Epic Games Launcher
- Log into the Epic Games Launcher
If you have not logged into Epic Games before, check out the article: How do I Upgrade a Platform Account to a full Epic Games Account?
- Click Friends on the left-hand side of the screen
- Click the gears icon (Social Settings)
- Select the Receiving Friend Requests setting
- Select No One
This will delete all pending friends requests.
Follow the steps below to make sure that pending friend requests were removed from Rocket League.
- Launch Rocket League on your platform
- Open the Friends List by selecting the Friends icon in the bottom right corner
- Select the Bell icon to view the Notifications tab
- Confirm that Friend Requests show 0
If your Friend Requests do not show as 0, make sure that you logged into the Epic Games Launcher with the correct account
If you are still experiencing freezing or crashing issues after completing these steps, check out our articles: Platform Crash Guides