Creating save files can help resolve many issues.
Do you see a Load Failure error? The easiest solution is to select the New Save button.
If that doesn’t solve the problem, please follow the steps below to create a new save file. A new save file will not affect your progress or Inventory. Training Sequences, Video Settings, and Tutorial completion data will be removed with the following steps.
To fix this we suggest creating a new save file. A new save file will not affect your progress or your inventory. Some data will be removed when creating a new save data file. For more info check out: What Information is Stored Locally and what is on the server.
The steps below will create a backup of the existing save file. Your Replays, Training Sequence, Video Settings, and Tutorial Completion Data will be saved as a backup.
Backing up your Save Data:
Save data is automatically stored in the cloud when you are connected to Xbox Live.
For more info check out: Xbox One cloud game saves FAQ.
Delete the existing save file and launch Rocket League to generate a new save file:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller
- Select My games and apps
- Highlight Rocket League
- Press the Menu button on your controller
- Select Manage game
- Scroll down to Saved Data
- Highlight the saved data for your gamer tag
- Press the A button on your controller
- Select Delete from console
- Launch Rocket League to create the new save data (the new player tutorial will play)
- Try to reproduce the problem you were having
- Close Rocket League
- Launch Rocket League
- The new player tutorial should not play
If this did not fix your issues, please submit a ticket. Be sure to describe the problem and the steps you took.