Save files can become corrupt over time. When this happens you may notice odd game behavior. If you have any of the following issues, your save file may be corrupt:
- Load Failure
- New item notifications won’t go away
- XP Issues
- Presets not saving
- Stats not saving
- Game settings resetting
- Introduction tutorial video replaying each time Rocket League is launched
To fix this we suggest creating a new save file. A new save file will not affect your progress or your inventory. Some data will be removed when creating a new save data file. For more info check out: What Information is Stored Locally and what is on the server.
The steps below will create a backup of the existing save file. Your Replays, Training Sequence, Video Settings, and Tutorial Completion Data will be saved as a backup.
Backing up your Save Data:
Save data is automatically stored in the cloud when you are connected to Xbox Live.
For more info check out: Xbox One cloud game saves FAQ.
Delete the existing save file and launch Rocket League to generate a new save file:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller
- Select My games and apps
- Highlight Rocket League
- Press the Menu button on your controller
- Select Manage game
- Scroll down to Saved Data
- Highlight the saved data for your gamer tag
- Press the A button on your controller
- Select Delete from console
- Launch Rocket League to create the new save data (the new player tutorial will play)
- Try to reproduce the problem you were having
- Close Rocket League
- Launch Rocket League
- The new player tutorial should not play
If the new save file did not solve the problem, download the save file backup from the Cloud.
- Open Settings
- Select System
- Select Storage
- Choose Cloud Saves Games
- Select Rocket League
- Choose Copy to move the backup save to the console
If this did not fix your issues, please submit a ticket. Be sure to describe the problem and the steps you took.