If your Rocket League account no longer shows the correct title and level, it's completely understandable to become upset. With luck, we'll be able to help you in a few ways to overcome this.
- The title you see only reflects experience points (XP). It does not reflect your ability. Playing matches during the competitive season, and going up in ranking is what really shows how skilled you are!
Now, let's move to troubleshooting!
Xbox One: Physically power cycle the console
- Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.
- Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. Note If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down
PlayStation 4: Rebuild Database
- Turn off the PlayStation 4 by pressing the power button on the front panel. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
- Once the PlayStation 4 is off, press and hold the power button. Release it after you've heard two beeps: one when you initially press, and another 7 seconds later
- Connect the DualShock 4 controller with the provided USB cable and press the PS button on the controller
- Select "Rebuild Database" from the menu. This scans the drive and creates a new database of all content. This operation may take a long time depending on the type and number of data items.
Steam: Replace a save file
- Find C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\My Games\Rocket League\TAGame\SaveData\DBE_Production
- Backup the files in the saves folder.
- Delete all files in the saves folder (not the backup folder)
- Start the game and enter an exhibition to see if you gain XP.
- Exit the game
- Replace the save files in the saves folder with the ones you backed up earlier.
- Launch the game again
Do remember, this issue can occur due to a corrupted save file. Resulting of manually forcing the game to close, or the device crashing. So be sure to close the game properly! Do not leave it running in the background. If you are playing on PC it is possible to make a backup copy of your save data in a different location.
Best of luck Rocketeer, see you at the arena!