In this article you'll find several troubleshooting suggestions for when you're experiencing connectivity issues when trying to play Rocket League online. Connection problems with Rocket League could be the result of many different variables. Below you will find the most common fixes for user’s experiencing any of the following messages in game:
- “You are currently not connected to the Rocket League Servers”
- “Not Logged in to Rocket League Servers”
- “No servers online, Please try again later.”
The suggestions are listed in order of what we've noticed solves the most issues you might run into. Therefore, start from the top and work your way through the suggestions, hopefully you'll be back on the field in a jiffy!
Please make sure that there are no known service outages that may be impacting your ability to play Rocket League online. Check the Xbox Live Status for potential outages or limited access provided.On top of that you can check the official Xbox Twitter for updates on network outages. Just in case, also keep an eye on the Rocket League Twitter.
Because of agreements with our online service provider, there are certain regions that are unable to connect to Rocket League’s online multiplayer component. As a result, server access is restricted in the following regions:
- North Korea
Please note that opening ports may pose a security threat to your network and should be done at your own discretion. Port forwarding will not improve the quality of your connection to the game servers, it will only help in cases where you are unable to contact the Rocket League servers while you are online.
In some cases, your router may be blocking communication with Rocket League servers, causing you to receive an "Unable to connect" error. In order to bypass these measures, you may need to manually forward these ports.
- Open your web browser (ex. Chrome, Firefox, etc.)
- Type your Default Gateway into the URL Address bar to access the router
- Here you may be prompted with a popup window requesting your username and password
- Once you have entered your router’s configuration page, look for a page called Port Forwarding
- Once you’ve reached the correct page, you can add entries for Rocket League using the following port ranges:
- 7000 – 9000 UDP (For Game Servers)
- 80 TCP (HTTP Connections)
- 443 TCP (HTTPS Connections)
If you are still experiencing connectivity issues please submit a ticket so we can help out!