In this article you'll find several troubleshooting suggestions for when your game is crashing or refusing to start. They're listed in order of what we've noticed solves the most issues you might run into. Therefore, start from the top and work your way through the suggestions, hopefully you'll be back on the field in a jiffy!
Always make sure that you have the latest system software installed on your PlayStation 4 to enjoy improved usability and enhanced security. Here are the steps:
- Select (Settings) > [System Software Update] to make sure your system has the latest version of the system software. If there is an update file for a later version, it automatically downloads.
- You can continue to use your system while downloading.
- When downloading is complete, a notification message appears in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select the message under (Notifications) > [Downloads] from the function area, and then follow the on-screen instructions to perform the installation.
If you run into freezes or the game crashing, try to clear the cache for your console. This will not delete any save data, here’s what you do:
- Fully turn off your console, don’t enter Rest Mode.
- Wait for the light on top of the console has stopped blinking.
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the console.
- Wait around 1-2 minutes.
- Plug the power cord back into the console.
- Turn the console back on again and start Rocket League.
Rebuilding the database on your PlayStation is useful for cleaning up the data as it reorganizes everything on the hard drive. This is a great thing to try if you’re experiencing issues such as game freezes or FPS drops.
- Turn off the PlayStation 4 by pressing the power button on the front panel. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off
- Once the PlayStation 4 is off, press and hold the power button. Release it after you've heard two beeps: one when you initially press, and another 7 seconds later
- Connect the DualShock 4 controller with the provided USB cable and press the PS button on the controller
- Select "Rebuild Database" from the menu. This scans the drive and creates a new database of all content. This operation may take a long time depending on the type and number of data items.
If you are still experiencing issues, please submit a ticket so we can help out!