In this article you'll find several troubleshooting suggestions for when your game is crashing or refusing to start. They're listed in order of what we've noticed solves the most issues you might run into. Therefore, start from the top and work your way through the suggestions, hopefully you'll be back on the field in a jiffy!
Always make sure that you have the latest system software installed on your Xbox One to enjoy improved usability and enhanced security. Here are the steps:
- Double-tap the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Settings.
- Select All settings.
- Select System.
- Select Console info & updates.
- Under Console, select Keep my console up to date if it isn’t already.
If you run into freezes or the game crashing, try to clear the cache for your console. This will not delete any save data, here’s what you do:
- Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
- Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.
- Important - Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
- Press the power button on the console 4-5 times to make sure that the battery is drained
- Plug the console power cable back in.
- Wait for the light on the power brick to change from white to orange.
- Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.
Applications on the Xbox One, for example Netflix and Game Feeds, can be accessed while playing a game or can take up the full screen. These apps stay open and continue running in the background, which means that you have more processes going on than necessary. To avoid that they don’t weaken performance, here's how you can close them:
- To return to the Home screen, press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select Home.
- Verify that the specific application tile is highlighted, and then press the Menu button on your controller.
- Select Quit.
In some cases it helps to re-install Rocket League. In order to do so, you need to start with uninstalling Rocket League, here's how to do that:
- On Xbox Home, select My games & apps.
- Select Games or Apps, highlight Rocket League and then press the Menu button.
- Select Manage game or Manage app.
- Select the location where the game or app is stored. For example, select Internal if the game or app is stored on the Xbox One hard drive. Then select Uninstall all.
- On the next screen, select Uninstall to confirm the deletion.
When you’ve done that, here's how to install the game again:
- Scroll right in My games & apps.
- Select Rocket League from the Ready to install section.
- You may also find Rocket League by searching for it in the Store.
How to remove an account from the console
- Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.
- Select Settings.
- Select All Settings.
- Under "Account," select Remove accounts.
- Select the account that you want to remove.
- Select Remove to confirm.
- When you're finished, select Close.
How to re-download your account:
- Scroll left from Home to open the guide.
- Scroll down and select Add & manage.
- Select Add new.
- Note: You won't be creating a new account when you select this option. You're just adding your existing profile to the Xbox One console.
- Type the email address or phone number you use to sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Enter your password. If you've forgotten it, select I forgot my password, and then follow the instructions to recover your account.
- Review the privacy statement summary, and then select Next.
- Select your Sign-in and security preferences.
- Check out how you look on Xbox, and then select Next.
- Choose your color, and then select Next.
- Note: The preference that you're currently using at home appears with a checked box.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to return to the Home screen.
- Scroll left from Home, find and select your gamertag, and then select Sign in.
If you are still experiencing issues please submit a ticket so we can help out!