What is it?
The Steam Controller Configuration Beta allows Rocket League inputs to be handled by Steam instead of by Rocket League. This allows players to remap in-game controls using Steam’s Big Picture mode. There should not be any difference in input functionality.
Please Note: The Steam Controller Configuration is currently in Beta. You may see some strange behavior when following these steps. If that happens close Steam (Click Steam on the tab menu then select Exit) and attempt the steps again. If problems continue you may need to contact Steam Help for help troubleshooting.
How do I enable it?
- In Steam click on the Steam menu tab
- Select Settings
- Select Controller in the pop-up box
- Click on the General Controller Settings box
- Place a check mark in the box for your controller type
- Right Click on Rocket League in your Library
- Select Edit Steam Controller Configuration from the drop-down list
- Click the Browse Configs button
Select Rocket League Standard Controls by Psyonix Inc in the Recommended section
- Click the Apply Configuration button
- In your Steam Library launch Rocket League
Select Options from the Menu
(Do this with your mouse as the controller may not be detected yet)
- Select the Controls
- Change Use Steam Input (Beta) setting to Auto
- Close Rocket League
(Select Steam on the Menu, then Exit, then Start Steam again)