Whenever there is an issue with your saved files, the game might not be able to properly save any changes that you make, or you may notice that some of your settings have been reset.
- You may refer to the following article in order to understand what information is stored locally: What information is stored locally and what on the server?
It is very important to keep in mind that saving issues may also occur due to a corrupted save file. A corrupted file may be a result of forcing the game to close or the device crashing. So be sure to always close the game properly! Do not leave it running in the background.
Below you'll find information on how to backup your saved files, as well as some troubleshooting options:
Steam - PC Troubleshooting
- C:\Users[Username]\My Documents\My Games\Rocket League\TAGame\SaveData
- Find C:\Users[Username]\My Documents\My Games\Rocket League\TAGame\SaveData
- Back up the files in the saves folder.
- Delete all files in the saves folder (not the backup folder)
- Start the game (which has now reset all settings and presets)
- Exit the game
- Replace the save files in the saves folder with the ones you backed up earlier.
- Launch the game again
How to back up your data
- Online storage: If you have a PlayStation Plus subscription, we recommend taking advantage of the online storage that it offers. You may find more information on how to use this PS4 feature in this article.
- USB backup: As a backup, you can copy saved data to a USB storage device connected to your PS4 (FAT and exFAT formatted USB storage devices are supported).
- Insert a USB storage device
- Go to Settings (on your console)> Application Saved Data Management> Saved Data in System Storage > Copy to USB > Select Rocket League and copy the data to your USB
- Once the backup is done, go to Settings > Storage > System Storage > Saved Data > Rocket League, press Options on your controller and delete the Rocket League saved data from the console.
- Start the game and setup presets, then close and start again to see if it saves.
- If that works, restore the backup from the USB device (Settings > Application Saved Data Management> Saved Data on USB Storage Device > Copy to System Storage)
Xbox One Troubleshooting
- Open the guide by pressing the Xbox button and then select My games and apps.
- Highlight Rocket League, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game.
- In the menu on the left of the screen, scroll down to Saved Data, then highlight the saved data for your gamertag on the right and press the A button on your controller.
- You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data. Select Delete from console. This will remove the local copy of the save and you will get it from the cloud the next time you play.
Nintendo Switch Troubleshooting
How to back up your data
When you become a Nintendo Switch Online member, automatic backup will be enabled for Rocket League and will automatically save to the cloud when you have an internet connection. This setting can be adjusted for each game and user. You can find more details in this article.
If you have an issue with your Save Data, you may delete it on your console. This will create a fresh local copy of your Save Data. The next time you play Rocket League it will download the backup from the cloud if one is available. This can be done by following these steps:
- Select Settings from the Home screen on your Nintendo Switch
- Select Data Management from the menu on the left
- Select Manage Save Data/Screenshots
- Select Delete Save Data
- Select Rocket League
- Select the Nintendo profile that is having the error
- Select Delete Save Data when asked to confirm that you want to delete the game save data
This will remove the local copy of the save and you will get it from the cloud the next time you play online.