What is it?
The Steam Controller Configuration Beta allows Rocket League inputs to be handled by Steam instead of by Rocket League. This allows players to remap in-game controls using Steam’s Big Picture mode. There should not be any difference in input functionality.
Please Note: The Steam Controller Configuration is currently in Beta. You may see some strange behavior when following these steps. If that happens close Steam (Click Steam on the tab menu then select Exit) and attempt the steps again. If problems continue you may need to contact Steam Help for help troubleshooting.
How do I enable Steam Controller Configuration?
- In Steam click on the Steam menu tab
- Select Settings
- Select Controller in the pop-up box
- Click on the General Controller Settings box
- Place a check mark in the box for your controller type
- Right Click on Rocket League in your Library
- Select Edit Steam Controller Configuration from the drop-down list
- Click the Browse Configs button
- Select Rocket League Standard Controls by Psyonix Inc in the Recommended section
Note: You can also choose the (Legacy) Official Psyonix Bindings
- Click the Apply Configuration button
How do I disable Steam Controller Configuration?
- In Steam, click on the Big Picture Mode button at the upper right corner.
This will open Steam Big Picture Mode, in full screen
- Click on the Library button
- Select Rocket League
- Click on the Manage Game button in the left-hand column
- Click on the Controller Options button
- Click the Steam Input Per-Game drop down box
- Select Forced Off
- Launch Rocket League to confirm that your controller is recognized
Note: If your input is still not being recognized, you may need to relaunch Rocket League