You can play Rocket League on Wi-Fi (wireless internet connection). We strongly recommend playing with an ethernet cable attached directly to your modem or router. A wired connection is more reliable and can eliminate interference.
If you are using Wi-Fi to connect, here are some tips to improve your connection:
- Put your wireless access point and device in the same room
- Disconnect the Wi-Fi from devices that you are not using
- Make sure there is nothing blocking your router/modem from your device
- Ensure that channel selection is set to Automatic in the router admin settings
- You may need to refer to the manual for your router to check this setting