Purchased items can only be traded on the platform it was purchased. For example, if you build a Blueprint with Credits on Xbox, you can only trade it on Xbox.
Other tradable items can be traded on any platform. You can only trade with other players logged into the same platform as you.
To reduce fraud, players involved in any trade must have purchased at least 500 Credits. This includes the 500 Credits from any Starter Pack. Players who played Rocket League prior to the Free to Play Update are exempt from this requirement.
Follow these steps to start a trade with another player:
- Invite the other player to a party in Rocket League
- Once in a party, select the player that you would like to trade with
- Select the Invite to Trade button
For more info on which items can be traded check out our Help Article: Which Items Can I Trade With Other Players?
Keep the following in mind to ensure things go smoothly:
- Both players must be online to initiate and complete a trade
- A trade is processed when both players confirm it.
If either player changes the trade the confirmation is canceled
- A countdown will occur allowing either player to cancel the trade
- Both players will get confirmation prompts of the items received
If your trade involves more than 10 items be sure to scroll up and down to ensure all items are present before confirming. Trading in small batches makes it easier to keep an eye on everything.
Remember to exercise caution when trading. It is the responsibility of all players to ensure that a trade is fair before confirming.