Game data is stored in two ways - on our servers and locally on your device. Most game and account info is stored on our servers but there are a few exceptions.
What is stored on the servers?
Game data that is stored on a server will be available on all linked platforms.
- XP, Levels, and Titles
- Inventory (all Items)
- Matchmaking information (ranks, skill rating, etc.)
- Game settings
- Uploaded Training Sequences
What is stored locally?
Game data that is stored locally is only available on that device. Local data does not sync or share data with other computers or servers.
- Training Sequences that have not been uploaded
- Video settings (Resolution, Max FPS, etc.)
- New User Experience Completion (Intro cinematic, Intro match)
This data is not saved on our servers. We are unable to restore this data from our end if the files somehow are lost or damaged. We strongly recommend keeping a backup of your save data.
Follow the steps below to create a backup of your save data:
- Click the Folder Icon in the bottom-left corner of your screen to open the File Explorer
- Click on Documents in the left-hand column
- Double-click on My Games
- Right-click on Rocket League
- Select Rename
- Name the folder Rocket League OLD
- Press the Enter Key on your keyboard
This is now a backup of your user data (Replays, Training Sequences, Video Settings, Tutorial Completion).