We care about providing a fun environment for players. If a player is reported for breaking our Code of Conduct we will review and take action if needed.
Please use the in-game report feature to report inappropriate behavior. Each case goes through a review process. If a ban is issued this decision is not likely to be changed.
Information about Harassment Bans
Players that use racial slurs, sexual slurs, hate speech, or other extremely toxic language in Rocket League will have a Game Ban placed on their account. Game Bans start at 72 hours, move to one week for a second offense, and one month for a third offense or more.
Players that use less offensive toxic language, like curse words, will have Chat Bans and/or Game Bans placed on their account. Chat Bans allow you to play Rocket League online, but you cannot use chat during a match. Quick Chat still works but is limited. Chat Bans start at 24 hours, can increase to 72 hours, then increase up to one month. Chat Bans can escalate to Game Bans for this kind of harassment.
Information about temporary Matchmaking Bans
If a player leaves a second match within 12 hours of the first incident, they will receive a 10-minute ban. The bans will continue to escalate if more Competitive matches are abandoned.
Quitting a Competitive Tournament early hurts other team members and will result in Tournament and Matchmaking Bans. For more info check out our article: What happens if I quit a Competitive Tournament?
Information on linked account bans
Bans are shared across all linked accounts.
Example 1: PS4 account is banned - With Existing Account(s) Linked
- All other already linked accounts will receive the same ban
- Unlinking accounts will not remove the ban
Example 2: PS4 account is banned
- A new platform account is linked after the ban
- The newly linked account will receive the same ban
- Unlinking the newly linked account will only remove the ban from the newly linked account
All previously linked accounts will still be banned
Additional Harassment Ban Information
- You cannot be banned for using Quick Chats
- You cannot be banned simply by being reported multiple times. Reported players must use language that violates our Code of Conduct or Terms of Service
- Chat Bans can be related, or come from the use of toxic language over multiple games in a short period of time