Opening ports may threaten the security of your network. This should be done at your own discretion.
In some cases, your router may be blocking communication with Rocket League servers. Unable to Connect is a typical error message associated with this issue. To resolve this, you may need to manually forward these ports.
Every router is a little different. If you run into problems with this guide, try searching your router's support site for a more detailed guide on Port Forwarding.
- Open your Web Browser (ex. Chrome, Firefox, etc.)
- Type your Default Gateway into the URL Address bar to Access Your Route
- You may be prompted with a popup window requesting your Username and Password
- Check your router manual for info on the default gateway
- Look for the Port Forwarding page once you have you are on your router’s configuration page
- Add entries for Rocket League using the following port ranges:
- 80 TCP (HTTP Connections)
- 443 TCP (HTTPS Connections)
Port forwarding will not improve the quality of your connection to the game servers. It will only help in cases where you are unable to connect to the Rocket League servers while you are online.