Please note that opening ports may pose a security threat to your network. This should be done at your own discretion.
Port forwarding will not improve the quality of your connection to the game servers. It will only help in cases where you are unable to contact the Rocket League servers while you are online.
In some cases, your router may be blocking communication with Rocket League servers. Unable To Connect is a typical error message associated with this issue. In order to resolve this, you may need to manually forward these ports.
- Open your Web Browser (ex. Chrome, Firefox, etc.)
- Type your Default Gateway into the URL Address bar to Access Your Router
You may be prompted with a popup window requesting your Username and Password
- Once you have entered your router’s configuration page, look for a page called Port Forwarding
- Once you’ve reached the correct page, you can add entries for Rocket League using the following port ranges:
- 7000 – 9000 UDP (For Game Servers)
- 80 TCP (HTTP Connections)
- 443 TCP (HTTPS Connections)
Note: Every router is a little different. If you run into problems with this guide try searching your routers’ support site for a more detailed guide on Port Forwarding.