The SteamOS and Mac versions of Rocket League are Beta versions. Be sure and check ongoing patch notes for SteamOS and Mac beta updates.
The SteamOS version of Rocket League is built to run on Linux. SteamOS is the only officially supported Linux client.
The Mac version of Rocket League may not run on older systems with an integrated video card (a video card built into the motherboard). A dedicated video card is suggested. Generally, Mac computers from 2013 and after should work.
Mac System Requirements:
- OS: MacOS X 10.8.5
- Processor: Intel Core i5 2.4 GHz
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: OpenGL 4.1
- ATI Radeon HD 5670
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Iris Pro Graphics
Listed below are all known issues for both versions of the current game:
- The correct store page for DLC purchased through the Showroom doesn’t show up for Big Picture users. This is a Steam client-specific issue that Valve will be fixing in an upcoming patch
- There are occasional crashes when exiting from a match to the main menu
- The statues in Urban Central do not display correctly
- You may experience intermittent blurring issues
- (Mac Only) Xbox 360 controllers won’t work. You will need a third-party driver solution to use them
- (Mac Only) Steam Controller is not natively supported
You can find more information on requirements to play Rocket League on Steam here.