Party Skill and Matchmaking use a Weighted Average that blends the average skill of all players. The Weighted Average then skews that average to the highest-ranked player.
- A party of similarly ranked players will have a Party Skill close to their average rating.
- A party that’s farther apart in Rank will match against players closer to their highest-Ranked player.
Catching Up Lower-Skilled Party Members
This system rewards lower-Ranked friends to catch up in Competitive matches. Lower-ranked players will earn more for beating higher-Ranked players. The system also penalizes losses less when playing against higher-Ranked players.
- The lower-Ranked player will receive more skill points for beating opponents who are ranked higher.
- The lower-Ranked player will lose fewer skill points for losing to opponents who are ranked higher.
A Few Important Notes
- The average for players in Champion Rank and higher is weighted more towards the highest-ranked player.
- Casual parties will match slightly closer to their average than they would in Competitive matches.
- Based on player feedback, we have added Rank restriction for undersized parties. For more info, check out: Are there Rank Restrictions for Parties?
Ready to Party Up? For more info, check out: How Do I Party Up?