Check that you can hear sound in other applications.
On consoles, close Rocket League and listen for sound in the menus. When you select things you should hear a click (as well as menu music).
- Close Rocket League
- Click on the speaker icon in the lower right-hand corner
- Click on the slider, or move the slider to the right, you should hear a sound
- Make sure the speaker icon is not muted (if muted, it will have an x next to the speaker icon)
Rocket League Audio
If you can hear sound on your device, just not in Rocket League, try changing the sound settings to default:
- In Rocket League select Options
- Select Audio
- Select the Default button at the bottom of the screen
If you do not hear any sound on your device at all it indicates a larger problem with your system. Sometimes the fix can be easy as checking that your audio cables are plugged in properly.
Some things you can try:
- Check that your headphones or speakers are properly plugged in
- If you still hear no sound try testing these on another device like a radio or portable music player
- If you hear no sound on your speakers, unplug your headphones
- If there is an audio cable connecting headphones or speakers to your device, try swapping out the audio cable or plugging directly into the device
- On consoles, try updating your system software
- On PC, visit the Microsoft website to update your drivers.
- Disable background applications