Controller Troubleshooting on Steam
Are you having issues with buttons not working properly or controllers not being detected in-game? This can happen (mainly to PlayStation 4 controllers) if you have enabled PlayStation 4 Configuration Support on Steam.
- Launch Steam
- Click on the Steam tab in the upper left corner
- Select Settings
- Click on the Controller option in the left column
- Click on the General Controller Settings button
(this will open a new window)
- Uncheck the PlayStation Configuration Support and the Xbox Configuration Support box
- Click the Back Button to save
- Close Steam
- Restart your computer
Controller still not working? There are some more troubleshooting steps we can try.
Enable controller support in Big Picture Mode
This is helpful when the wrong button prompts show up or the controller is not detected at all.
Controller detected as Player 2 - Disconnect other devices
Disconnect all other USB devices from the PC before launching the game. Some USB devices could be mistakenly detected as a controller. This is common with Flightsticks and HOTAS controllers. This may also help when controller is not detected at all.
When to plug in the controller
Connect the controller before starting Rocket League. Do not connect it while the game is starting as this may lead to issues.
Reinstalling the drivers
Follow these steps to reinstall the drivers:
- Right-click the Windows start button
- Select Device Manager
- Find your controller in the device list
- Right-click the controller and select Uninstall device
- Restart the PC with the controller plugged in
The drivers will be re-installed automatically
Use a wired connection
Make sure to use a wired USB connection. All supported controllers were tested using USB. Bluetooth is not officially supported for Rocket League on Steam and may not work with certain models and controller types.
How to reset the DualShock 4 controller
- Locate the small reset button on the back of the DualShock 4 located near the L2 button
- Use a small, unfolded paper clip or something similar to push the button inside the hole
- Hold the button down for roughly 3-5 seconds and release
- Reconnect the DualShock 4 to the PC via USB connection