Trade-In is a feature that allows players to trade five items for one item of higher rarity.
Free post-game drops are available for trade-in. Items received from the Item Shop or built from a Blueprint cannot be traded in. Items received from Crates can no longer be traded-in.
As of the March Update, revealed Blueprints can now be traded in. See this article for more information.
To access the Trade-In menu:
- Go to the Garage
- Select Manage Inventory
- Select any eligible item to begin
- Players must trade in 5 items at a time, no more, no less
- Trade-in Items must be of the same item rarity (Uncommon, Rare, Import, etc.)
- Trade-in items must be in the same series
- Random drops do not have any series they belong to, so they only need to be the same rarity
- Item slot is not taken into account, only item rarity, so you can use any combination of cars, Toppers, Decals, etc. in a single trade
- Items received from Rocket Pass, the Item Shop, Blueprints, Event Stores, or Fan Rewards cannot be traded in
- All items above common are tradable, except for the highest level items (Exotic for random item drops and Black Market for Blueprints)
- The received item will be one rarity level higher
Random Drops Trade-In:
- 5 Uncommon = 1 Rare
- 5 Rare = 1 Very Rare
- 5 Very Rare = 1 Import (Import Painted Body or Boost)
These items are painted versions of the classic cars and boosts from the original game and they always come painted
- 5 Imports = 1 Exotic (Exotic Painted Wheel. Painted editions of classic Wheels)