For any influencer or content creator working with Psyonix directly: In order to comply with the FTC Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising (“FTC Guides”), we need you include a disclosure in your video or during your stream stating that you received the item/code in question. This disclosure should be in the video itself and, when applicable, in the video description.
We recommend that you use your own voice, but here are a few suggested versions of an acceptable disclosure. Note that ‘Rocket League game code’ should be replaced with a description of the code or item received.
- “I received a Rocket League game code from Psyonix to help facilitate this review. No monetary compensation was provided by Psyonix.”
- “Thank you to Psyonix for providing a free Rocket League game code for this video review.”
- Thank you to Psyonix for supporting my channel and providing me with a Rocket League game code.
Shorter disclosures are acceptable for social media posts on Twitter, Facebook, or similar. Below are a few shorter examples for social media.
- “Thanks to Psyonix for gifting the [ITEM]!” OR “Thanks Psyonix for the free [DETAIL OF ITEM(S) GIVEN]!”
- “We’ve teamed up with Rocket League to give away [ITEM]!”
- You can always use #ad or #sponsored. Those fulfill the FTC obligation, but we would prefer a more clear, organic disclosure as we discussed above.
Timing of Disclosures
For short videos, we recommend that you make the disclosure in your own voice at the beginning or at the end of the video.
For short social posts, please put the disclosure in the post relating to the code or item provided to you.
For images, please include the disclosure in the image itself or with a description that will travel with the image.
For longer streams, please announce the disclosure at the start, end, and every 15 minutes or so during the content. The first and last disclosure should be in your own voice. The intermittent disclosures can be in your voice or an automated comment post.
Responsibility for Disclosure: Please note we are responsible for policing influencers. If any influencer does not disclose and continues to not disclose after we follow-up with them, they must not receive any other digital or physical goods from us.
NOTE: For further guidance, please review the FTC Guides and the FTC’s released examples or seek the advice of an attorney. The contents of this document are intended to convey general information only and not to provide legal advice or opinions and should not be construed as, and should not be relied upon for, legal or tax advice in any situation and may not reflect the most current legal developments. No action should be taken in reliance on the information contained in this document and we disclaim all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this document to the fullest extent permitted by law.