With the free to play release of Rocket League, players were given the opportunity to create an Epic Games Account without an email address or password. Some features in Rocket League, like trading, require a full Epic Games Account. A full Epic Games Account shares your progression across multiple platforms. For example, if you decide to switch from playing on Xbox to Playstation you can bring your progression with you.
To upgrade to a full Epic Games Account you can:
Or follow these steps:
- Go to www.epicgames.com
- Ensure that you are signed out
- Click on Sign In in the top right section of the screen
- Click the Platform Icon that you currently play on and want to connect to an Epic Games Account
- You will be taken to the platform website to Sign In
- You will return to the Epic Games site and you will see the following:
IMPORTANT: If you do not see the page shown above, then you do not have any Rocket League progression on this account. Please check that you are logging in with the platform username and password of the account that you use to play Rocket League
- Complete all required fields
IMPORTANT: The email you use must not already be registered to another Epic Games Account and must be a valid email that only you have access to
- Read the terms of service and then check the box: I have read and agree to the terms of service
- Click Create Account
Your platform should now have a fully functional Epic Games Account associated with it.
For trading in Rocket League, you must also have 2FA (Two Factor Authentication) enabled. For more info check out: Two-Factor Authentication and How to Enable it.